Hi! I'm Sami. Welcome to my blog! I believe that to fully understand & respect where someone is going, you must know where they began/came from. I am a naturally happy person..., and if you continue to read my posts you'll probably be able to see that. However, let me take you back to May 2012 when it wasn't so apparent. This was me...
I began lifting weights and running to relieve stress (~4-5 days a week) and became conscious of what I ate...kind of...but I never really watched what I ate ever in my life...so, I didn't know ANYTHING about proper nutrition. Research began. I introduced myself to bodybuilding.com forums and You Tube fitness vloggers. Though I was learning, I still wasn't fully committed to the nutritional side of being healthy.
I can tell you that the most challenging part of my journey to becoming fit has been changing my diet. I started to become really frustrated with the lack of results I was getting with the time I was putting in at the gym....& who woulda known it was because my diet sucked! It really is TRUE when they say 80% diet 20% working out. I lost a little weight...but gained it all back when the holidays rolled around (at this time I didn't have enough faith in the process) and it was back to inconsistent gym sessions.
I finally reached a breaking point at work and personally and I started to reevaluate my unhappiness. Actually, I decided that I was no longer going to ACCEPT being unhappy. The last week of February I left my job. I was almost on the verge of a mental breakdown.
(Weight: 159, Size: 10)
I was miserable personally and at my job... and wondering where my life was going to go. I had lost all sense of self working a 9-5 corporate job in a field that was exactly what I spent 4 years in college studying. At this point in my life, I felt like a mismatched puzzle piece being forced into the wrong space. The way that I dealt with my stress what to find an outlet in working out.
I began lifting weights and running to relieve stress (~4-5 days a week) and became conscious of what I ate...kind of...but I never really watched what I ate ever in my life...so, I didn't know ANYTHING about proper nutrition. Research began. I introduced myself to bodybuilding.com forums and You Tube fitness vloggers. Though I was learning, I still wasn't fully committed to the nutritional side of being healthy.
I can tell you that the most challenging part of my journey to becoming fit has been changing my diet. I started to become really frustrated with the lack of results I was getting with the time I was putting in at the gym....& who woulda known it was because my diet sucked! It really is TRUE when they say 80% diet 20% working out. I lost a little weight...but gained it all back when the holidays rolled around (at this time I didn't have enough faith in the process) and it was back to inconsistent gym sessions.
I finally reached a breaking point at work and personally and I started to reevaluate my unhappiness. Actually, I decided that I was no longer going to ACCEPT being unhappy. The last week of February I left my job. I was almost on the verge of a mental breakdown.
After leaving my job my friend had randomly convinced me to start the Jamie Eason & bodybuilding.com "LiveFit" 12 week workout program. We began this journey together March 1st 2013....
These were my results:
These were my results:
I lost 15lbs in 3 months. I worked out hard--harder than I thought I could. I pushed past old limitations I had set for myself. I started to research the Paleo diet and eating clean. Not only did I relearn discipline, but I gained respect for myself and for those who choose to live healthy lives. I became so inspired by health and fitness professionals I was coming across that I decided that I wanted to become a personal trainer and help other people find their way to healthy living. For me, living a healthy life is the MOST important priority. If I could help other people live longer, healthier, and happier... that would be fulfilling for me.
So this is me present day. I am a different person than I was a year ago. I have regained my goals, aspirations, and self worth. Currently I am studying to take an exam and become certified to be a personal trainer. I also teach a cardio dance class twice a week :-). The things I post about are only my opinions and have come from findings through research and learning from either online articles (with sources) or fitness professionals I respect with credentials. I am also 110% happier than I ever thought I would be. Pursuing something I truly am passionate about makes me love waking up every morning. I love the challenge for myself physically, and I want others to find that love for challenge within themselves, too.
My "philosophy" on fitness is that it's both mind & body. It DOES take hard work. It WILL take commitment. And you WILL have to CHANGE to see CHANGE. But YOU CAN do it--you ARE worth it. It is possible. Don't let other people say that you can't. It frustrates me that companies take consumers to be stupid and try to sell gimmicky "quick fixes". I want to help educate people to become smarter/more saavy consumers, that will result in LIFE LONG changes. The people that back up these products have given up on you even before you have given up on yourself. STOP giving IN to them. Stop giving in and giving up at all. Stop putting limits on yourself. I never dreamed I could do this. But I did...and I'm still doing it....the journey never ends.
My "journey" with fitness is forever evolving and this is just the beginning.
This is me. On the real. Welcome to my blog! :)
Follow me on Instagram: sweettsami
Follow me on Facebook: facebook.com/sweettsami





So proud of you xoxo
ReplyDeleteI am so proud of you! You have done an amazing job and continue to work so hard everyday!
ReplyDelete